We would like to take this opportunity to thank every player that supported Remnant Knights. Despite the small community, Remnant Knights players are some of the most dedicated players that we have seen, which is awesome!
It is with heavy heart and deep regret that we come before you to announce the closing of Remnant Knights. Our Remnant Knights agreement with Min Communications is coming to an end. Due to a lack of content updates, the agreement will not be extended.
Once again, we thank all of our players who supported and spent time in the world of Kasmari. Just because RK is closing, doesn't mean that we are, though! We will continue to serve you in our other games such as RAN Online, which is by the same developer and shares many features similar to Remnant Knights.
Thank you all, and hopefully we'll see you in one of our other virtual worlds!
- Server Shutdown Details -
Registrations for Remnant Knights are now disabled, but existing players will still be able to log in until server closing time. Join us in the game on the last day for a server closing party! The GM team will be around for the fun and memories.
Close Date: Jan 31, 2014
Time: 11:59 PM PST
Some links for our dedicated fans:
- Post your memories and messages on the RK Facebook.
- Watch an unused storyline opening video.
- Browse illustrations and concept art from the game.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why can't you just keep it open as it is?
- We can not run the game without renewing the agreement, which we have chosen not to due to development of the game being halted.
2. Why do you have to shut it down in the first place?
- In the end, the game just didn't have what it took to build a sustainable player base. As those with us from the beginning would know, the game has come a long way! We pushed for more features and listened close to community suggestions. We were one of the few publishers that had a 24/7 GM team with multiple events daily. We studied the numbers and streamlined quests and gameplay to make it less frustrating for our audience. We poured much into marketing and partnerships to keep new players coming in. We even had to make some pretty big (and controversial to some of our players) decisions to extend the life of the game.
If the the game was in its current state a couple years ago it might have been a different story. But unfortunately, it was just too little, too late. We are so very sorry it had to come to this, but we tried our best to give it time to grow. With development being halted, there is little choice we have but to not renew the contract.
3. Can't someone else take it over?
- That decision would be between Min Communications and any other publisher.
4. I spent money in Remnant Knights, can I get a refund?
- We will provide Samba compensations for all Sambas used in Remnant Knights from November 1, 2013 to the closing date. Instructions on how to claim your compensation can be found here.
5. I'm a VIP subscriber, what about me?
- All current VIP subscribers eligible for compensation have already been emailed the instructions. If you are a current subscriber and haven't received an email about the VIP compensation, please submit a ticket with your username.